The Streamliner Website
Streamside considers the protection of your personal data and privacy extremely important. Streamside wishes to inform and respect you as a user of the Website and/or receiver of its services as much as possible and give you as much control as possible about what happens with your personal data, privacy and cookies. Your personal data, privacy and cookies are protected by Streamside in accordance with the applicable legislation regarding data protection and privacy.
1. What personal data is being processed?
1.1. Streamside processes the personal data that you directly and voluntarily provide through the Website to respond to your request on the Website. These may include (without being limited to) the following:
● your name
● your job title
● your company name, and
● your email address.
Insofar as the Website is equipped with a forum or a blog, any communication you post thereon shall be processed by Streamside. This includes commentary, questions, or statements you communicate through the Website.
1.2. If you choose to further supplement your request on the Website and to fill out non-mandatory fields, then the personal data thereby communicated will be processed by Streamside. These may include (without being limited to) the following:
● your phone,
● your company address
1.3. Where personal data of a third party are disclosed via the Website or with a view to use the Website, the person communicating the personal data guarantees that he has informed that third party and that he has received all necessary consents to communicate the third party's personal data.
1.4. Streamside also processes the personal data that you may indirectly provide through the Website. These may include (without being limited to) the following:
● your IP address,
● the type of browser you use,
● the type of operating system you use,
● the type of device on which you use the Website,
● the number of visits,
● the average time you spent on the Website, and
● other types of personal data relating to your usage of the Website.
2. For which purposes and on which legal ground are these personal data processed?
2.1. Streamside processes the personal data that you directly and voluntarily provide through the Website as it is necessary to enable your use of the Website and for the performance of the services provided through the Website including but not limited to and to the extent applicable:
● the responding to your request,
● the provision of forum, blog or other communication features on the Website,
● other services provided through the Website.
2.2. If you choose to further supplement your personal profile on the Website and to fill out non-mandatory fields, Streamside will process these categories of personal data based on your consent for enhancing your user experience of the Website.
2.3. The personal data that you may indirectly provide through the Website are only used for anonymized statistical purposes by Streamside and/or for further improvement to the Website.
2.4. The above reasons may not be exhaustive, and Streamside may at any time process your personal data for any other purpose if and to the extent and as long as Streamside has a legitimate interest to do so. In such case, Streamside will notify you as soon as possible.
3. Recipients with whom your personal data are shared
3.1. As part of the processing activities for the abovementioned purposes, the personal data collected may be transferred to affiliates of Streamside, and to judicial or other competent authorities when requested.
3.2. Additionally, Streamside shall be entitled to disclose your personal data if this is required by law or if Streamside determines in good faith that such disclosure is required in order:
● to comply with any pending judicial inquiry, juridical order or litigation pertaining to the Website,
● to compel observance of the relationship between you and Streamside,
● to respond to claims against Streamside regarding personal data that violate any rights of third parties,
● to safeguard the rights, property and safety of Streamside, its employees, users and the general public, and
● to perform an investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights or any other harmful activity, or if Streamside reasonably suspects that such activity may expose you or Streamside to any liability.
3.3. Streamside discloses your personal data to a cloud solution vendor which provides hosting services to the Website and stores your personal data. This recipient stores your personal data within the European Union.
3.4. Where Streamside stores or transfers your personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) which, in accordance with applicable legislation regarding personal data, is not assumed to provide adequate protection regarding the processing of personal data, Streamside will ensure that the same level of protection is achieved e.g. through the conclusion of EU model clauses with this recipient or any other appropriate safeguards.
4. Direct marketing
Streamside will use your personal data for direct marketing purposes. It is possible that your personal data will be subject to profiling for marketing purposes. This enables Streamside to keep you informed about its products, services, promotions, offers, satisfaction surveys, quality research, updates, events etc.
You expressly consent for this, but may withdraw your consent and object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing at any time, free of charge, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Your individual rights
5.1. At any time you can exercise the following rights in relation to your personal data and after sufficient identification:
● You have the right to request information free of charge concerning your personal data,
● You also have the right to modify or correct your personal data if they are wrong,
● You also have the right to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances,
● You also have the right to request a copy of all your data in a standard format,
● You also have the right to request the restriction of certain processing activities in certain circumstances,
● You also have the right to object against certain processing activities,
● You have the right to withdraw your consent.
Additionally, you have the right to file a complaint to your supervisory authority, when you are of the opinion that our processing of your data is not in compliance with applicable legislation. In Belgium you can reach out to the Data Protection Authority (“Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit”) (http://www.dataprotectionauthority.be).
5.2. To exercise these rights, you can always contact Streamside via the email address email@example.com providing a copy of the front side of your identity card (i.e. no identification number may be visible).
6. How long is your personal data stored?
6.1. Your personal data will be stored by Streamside for the abovementioned purposes as long as Streamside has a legitimate interest and, in any event, during a period of 3 years after responding to your (last) request on the Website. Upon expiry of this period, your personal data will be deleted or anonymised in a safe manner.
6.2. You can request to delete your personal data by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Streamside uses reasonable and appropriate efforts to keep your personal data confidential and takes adequate security measures to protect your data against, among others, unexpected destruction, accidental loss, deliberate modifications, or unauthorized access. Streamside ensures all information is stored in a safe manner and requests adequate security measures from its service providers.
Subject to applicable law, Streamside is only liable for damage or loss caused by processing of your personal data if it did not comply with its obligations under the applicable legislation regarding data protection and privacy and shall in no event be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or losses.
9. Applicable law
10. Contact details
Any request relating to your Personal Data may be addressed to: email@example.com.
Last updated: 28 December 2020